So i had a call on Thursday from my GP, he told me he had had a letter from my MS doctor and i wasn’t to have steroids during an MS flare up.
Today i got a copy of that letter and its terrified me.
I’d contacted the secretary of the MS doctor to advise we would like another baby so he asked me to come in this week (Thursday). In the mean time he wrote to my GP to say
- I have relapsing remitting MS
- Its rapidly evolving severe
- My MRI’s showed that between 2015 and April 2018 there was a significant increase in lesions
- Between April 2018 and June 2018 there were THREE MORE lesions (explains all the symptoms i was having)
- As i was considering another baby, he wants to try a different medication, Lemtrada, as it provides a long lasting effect and will hopefully prevent relapses during pregnancy
Lemtrada does not sound pleasant, at all
The long term effect on disability is uncertain
Its given by drip over 5 consecutive days and i HAVE to be admitted to hospital as nearly everyone has an allergic reaction, treated by antihistamines and IV steroids
I’d need a second 3 day course in a year.
1 in 3 people develop under or over active thyroid requiring lifelong treatment
1 in 100 develop a blood condition
There have been a few cases of people developing a kidney disorder too
These conditions can be life threatening so I’d need blood tests every 4 weeks for FOUR YEARS after completion of the infusion
But, its PROBABLY safe to get pregnant 4 months after the last infusion. Probably.
What the fuck am i meant to do with that??
Head is up my arse.
I refuse to Google.
Love, Little Miss PMA xxx